Monday, March 7, 2011

Les Miserables

Well first off I hope you noticed the shiny new template. Isn't it so bright and shiny and just begging for some Spring weather? I thought so. Which just figures, because outside is currently in a rather awful blizzard sort of state. I personally think it shouldn't be allowed to snow after February, but since when did anyone listen to my opinion on these things?

Ah well, today is still a rather fantastic day. In the first place, I got a very nice sweater from my best friend that is very warm. Secondly, I'm just about to make some tea.

*Puts the tea pot on to boil*

And now that I have that taken care of, thirdly, I made call-backs for the Les Miserables audition!

Waiting for my turn in the hallway, as they were closed auditions, was hilarious. There were about 50ish people waiting to try out, all nervous in some degree. A lot of people were practicing their audition songs, some were trying and failing at not freaking out, and most were acting extremely hyper and retarded (and I mean that as a good thing) to burn off energy. I just love theatre. It's always such a crazy party.

The audition itself went pretty well. Our duet went very smoothly. We remembered to project and managed to get the right note at the end, which is the one we kept messing up. The director asked us to each sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star so she could also hear our voices separately. That was hilarious, because I managed to forget the words! I mean really, who forgets the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star? Ah well, I refuse to be too embarrassed, as it was my first audition.

We both still managed to impress her though, as we made the call-backs. Plus I learned that I can go a full octave higher than I thought I could when they tested my range. All in all a fantastic experience.

The real news shall be tomorrow after the final judgement day call-backs.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That must have made you feel high on life for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making the callbacks, and all the best! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle-Heck yes it did. Pretty sure the only reason my friends didn't kill me for going on about it is cause they were also high off it :P

    PencilGirl-Thanks a million :D

    ReplyDelete