Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Craptastic week

OK! So you know how I said my week was going to explode? That was an understatement. This past week has been the worst week I've had in a very long time. It was a week of bad hair days, sleeping through alarms, tripping over stuff, people being jerks at school, etc. But I'll save you from the gritty details.

Monday
You know how I said something about a ballroom performance? Well that day I learned that I was going to be 'benched' so to speak. merf.

Tuesday
I took a final. B-. oh joy. It wasn't so great for my beautiful, shiny 4.0

Wednesday
oh geez, I don't even remember any more. It wasn't pretty though :(

Thursday
This day was a real jewel. I woke up with what I imagine a hangover would feel like. And I fell out of bed and almost brained myself on the wall. Plus ten minutes to get ready. I also got to spend approx. 7 hours with people who don't like me at all, and the feeling is mutual. My bestie who was supposed to be there wasn't.

Friday
Crap. I can't remember this one either.

and those were just the highlights.
You know those days where you feel like you get absolutely nothing done, and it would have been better to just stay in bed? That was this week. I am so relieved that it's over. Ugh.
So I'm joining in with Notquiteawake, in saying February is the start of my new year. I'm coming at it with fresh excitement, new ideas, and a general policy of being awesome.

I think I might finally get a handle on this whole 'posting regularly' thing.
and I'm going to do so much crafty, and writing, and creative stuff it shall be awesome.

On the note of awesome things...
My loverly sister introduced me to Doctor Who. And I am in love.
Yeah, I know, a little behind the times, but better late than never. I cannot tell you how awesome it is. Without it, I probably would've rebelled against the totally unfair Universe, which is never pretty.
so yeah, sorry for the bleh post, but I really needed to get that off my chest.

8 comments:

  1. sweet 'eart! you didn't mention our awesome friday/saturday of complete fantastic!

    You did remember Dr. Who though so it's not /cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry darlin'. I shall get to it. I just needed to let loose a bit of rant. I'm saving the awesome for an awesome post. It wouldn't be fair to put it in the sad one. (I mentioned Dr. who in this one 'cause I couldn't wait :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! I like your idea of starting over. It sounds like it is just what you need. I hope things get better for you. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had such a rough week. It seems that's been going around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. February is the new January! For cool people. So you fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dorkvader,

    Funny reading this post, because I just had my own very weird week. Complete sympathy from me. I hope things have been getting better for you!

    I wanted to say thanks for the extremely sweet and thoughtful comment you left on my blog...just made my day. I thought my post was horrible and unprofessional, lol. You really made me smile. Wish I could have emailed you but its not on your site...feel free to shoot me a line from my blog email anytime :)

    (headdeskforwriters AT gmail DOT com)

    Maybe we could chat about blogging and WIP's?

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenica704-Thanks muchly. The new year is going to be great!

    Roni-Thanks. Life's going better now, thank heavens. And I think almost everyone is getting the mid-winter blues

    Notquiteawake-Oh you know it! Cool people unite!

    Creative A-They really have been better. I hope they are for you too :)

    Awww thanks. I just said what was true, and I'm glad it made you happy :D
    That post was very good! (not that that's different from normal or anything)

    ah dang. I should fix that. It seems to have slipped my mind that people might actually like talking to me :P

    and I think I shall shoot you a message, though probably in a few days or so. Life is still pretty crazy (but a good crazy now :D)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. Sounds good. Whenever you feel like it, go on ahead and say hi! I've been out of the blogging loop for a while and miss jabbering with all the other cool people out there :)

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete