Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oh the joys of Christmas break!

So today, as you may have imagined, was the first day of Christmas break. Oh was it an adventure.

To start everything off, I slept through my alarm (I really, really need to figure out what curse makes that thing not work when it's important!) I awoke to my mother shouting up the stairs for me to wake up already. Yay for 10 minutes to get ready.
In addition, the head cold I have been fighting for the past few days won. With 9 hours of sleep, I felt exhausted. I was stuffy and my throat was starting to get all scratched up. Ugh.
Then, I discovered about twelve nashty zits that no make up in the world would hide. Last day of the semester. Perfect timing.
AND I had a hair day that made me want to shave it off.
So I was late to class. Joy.
The climax? Oh just some computer malfunction or something caused a bunch of work I had done on my multimedia project to be lost. And then the class room next to us started vacuuming, which somehow caused the fuse to blow. Sit on floor playing cards while waiting for new fuse. (ok, that part wasn't so bad) I then spent about half an hour trying to recover my work. Nothing. So I had to redo it all. Unfortunately, I didn't finish before the bell. Not by a long shot. This makes for some extra work next semester. *head desk*
On top of all this, when I got home and sat at the computer to relax a bit, my mother kindly informed me that I wouldn't be using the computer until I "cleaned up my life." I quote. Not only was that a bit insulting, but also translated to "you shall be cleaning and babysitting your sick brother while I go Christmas shopping." I mean, it's for my presents, so I can't complain too much, but it still wasn't the best time I've ever had.

grrrrrrrr.

Also, I think I might be insane. Less than a week to Christmas, one gift done >_<
Oh the hard core fail that is my face. What am I nuts!? The answer my friends, uh, and I guess every one else too, is muffins. ^_^

What? I likes muffins....

And the moral of the story? I reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly hope the rest of break goes loads better. If not, I think I will be forced to bake muffins, and throw them at people who are lame. Something about my plan is giving me the feeling that it will not end well. Please go better!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a little late with the commenting but I think I'm going to borrow(steal)your baking muffins and throwing them at people idea and use it as a sweet and well needed boxing day shopping tradition. I hope that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your life gets...straightened. :) And that your presents were worth it! What did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, feel free. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Not sure how I missed your comment Deidra. Thanks! And everything was just fine after that :D

    ReplyDelete