Friday, March 5, 2010

The early bird may get the worm, but the night owl gets the sleep

Because I am a slacker face, I am only now just getting to Miss's weekly challenge. Yeah, I know, shame on me.

But anyway! Here I am, doing it now!

Her challenge was to make plans for achieving one of the items on our bucket list. The one I think I shall do is "Play my guitar in a park, and get money in a hat. And not just a few coins :D"

So, my plan for this is to collect a few songs that I really like, and practice them like mad. I may or may not do this with my sister, seeing as we both have this goal.
One of the songs I have picked is a guitar version of 'Linus and Lucy', usually referred to as the Charlie Brown song.
And I need to practice my chords a lot more, because I feel rather handy capped in that area.

To put this in more immediate goals, every Sunday instead of all my internet vegging, I shall practice the guitar for a decent chunk of time. Hopefully, I'll eventually make it to that park!

And that is all for now. My parents have been getting us up earlier than usual, because the early bird gets the worm, or some such logic. What this means for my night-owl self? I'm just tired all the time *grumpy face* I don't think they ever mentioned that the bird was grouchy and tired.... or the fact that worms are gross, and I don't actually want one.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, you grumpy bird. Worms are gross, unless they're gummy worms. Lol.

    I love the idea of playing in the park for money in a hat! Of course, I don't play any musical instruments. But I'm way excited for you to do it! And it will be awesome if your sister does too. Way to live boldly!!

    ♥Spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, who wants worms??? I'm a night-owl too. It's great that you've got goals to follow. I need to practice my guitar more too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the guitar. Let us know how it goes. I can't wait to find out what happens in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! If my parents gave me gummy worms, I would actually want to wake up!

    And I will definitely be sharing the details here. Because awesomeness must be shared! and because I love rambling about my life stories :P

    ReplyDelete